D6 D20 RPGs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Clean up...
May Day - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 3:48 pm by Dagnon

» May Day
May Day - Page 6 EmptyWed May 18, 2016 10:53 am by Rhoon

» Test game #1
May Day - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 10:13 am by Wallace

» Rules
May Day - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 10:05 am by Wallace

» Out of Thin Air
May Day - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 2:46 pm by kabetts

» Kill Team Argentum
May Day - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 12:35 pm by Dagnon

» Vive la Resistance!
May Day - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 10:01 am by Wallace

» Travel Companion: Dair Bronzehammer
May Day - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 1:25 pm by Wallace

» Not all systems functional
May Day - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 6:49 pm by Wallace

May Day

+3
Dagnon
Wallace
Mazzic
7 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

May Day - Page 6 Empty Re: May Day

Post by Dagnon Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:40 pm

Something about the halfling interested Lath, spoke to him. He couldn't explain what it was though.

Stepping forward he quietly reached into his pocket and fingered the healing potion for a moment, but his hand slipped out empty and he stood before the minute person.

"I am Lath'arniktae Waerym, you may call me Lath. What do you know of this foe and it's heart?"

Dagnon
D6
D6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazzic Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:44 am

Durin-Daine laughed at the halfling's reply. "I'm Durin-Daine Duskhammer, and I have nae a single hall to invite ye into. Though I'm sure the fine town folk could find room enough for yer folk. But I suppose that is a bit severe of an option, for now."

Last edited by Mazzic on Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Mazzic
D4
D4

Back to top Go down

Post by Himo Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:43 pm

The ice-coloured serpent jumped from its hiding place in the bushes onto Anette's neck. Its scales were slightly puffed and it chattered angrily.
"Oh, I'm sorry," Anette said to it and she turned to the party again. "This fine fellow, who isn't much for battle, but my life's companion nonetheless, is Fangs. She always gets a little rattled when not the centre of attention."

Himo
D4
D4

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallace Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:45 pm

"I was once known as Bõ--" he drew a hand to his chest as to refer to himself "--but am now better known as the Little Bird that Flutters, or Kikiri in the dialect of my own people."
"Once I was forced to choose the lesser of two evils--" he continued in a voice that cracked as though it had not been used often "--choosing to abandon the oath I made to my liege to save his subjects from his own wrath. I made many vows to repent for that transgression."
He nodded his bald head to the rhythm of an unheard tune and leaned on his staff with which he had disposed of so many enemies today.

OOC:
Oi! Where's our XP for this one?

Wallace
D6
D6

Back to top Go down

Post by Himo Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:35 am

"I thought so," Anette nodded curtly to the dwarf. Some irritation was noticeable as she drawled the 'o' now more than usual, but she quickly brightened again. "Nice to meet so many folk that interested in our homestead, even if it's only to burn it down. I hope it won't come to that. Now follow me and we'll finish off this nasty growth."

She pathed through bushes and when she didn't get molested by angry tentacles beckoned the party to follow her.

"Now I see that this nasty plant was waiting here for us. Its thick mass of rotting vines lays here on the ground. I already see its terrible bulbous centre nearby. Again that yelping... it must come from there."

OOC:

450 XP for these encounters

Himo
D4
D4

Back to top Go down

Post by kabetts Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:25 pm

Bryn was skeptical of the halfling. He didnt really know much about Druids, only what he'd read, but he did know that they exercized unusual control over the animals of the wild. What better way to get a group of city folks to trust her than setting up an ambush with wolves and then help save them from it.
He waited till she'd started walking into the woods then pulled Lath aside.

"Are you sure we can trust her? What do you know of Druids? Don't they sacrifice people to their pagan gods?"

kabetts
D6
D6

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagnon Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:46 pm

Lath listened to Bryn intently, his mind clearing a bit after the brutal, exhausting battle. Bryn's words rung true....

"Do we ever trust anyone brother? What choice do we have?"

Dagnon
D6
D6

Back to top Go down

Post by kabetts Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:03 am

Brynn nodded gravely, it was uncharacteristic of him to be so solemn but his masters words of how dangerous the world was for a novice mage echoed in his ears and he couldn’t help but feel some concern.

kabetts
D6
D6

Back to top Go down

Post by Himo Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:48 pm

The halfing didn't notice or didn't respond to any of the concerns of the party and continued to the main mass of the withering plant.
"Normally this part is fairly easy," she chatted away. "After you've dealt with the extremities the centre is ready for the slicing."
She lifted her swords and started hacking away. But as soon as the blades penetrated the surface the bulb shrieked and from it burst a creature of nightmares. It wasn't large, its body was like a 3 feet sphere, but its red, pocked skin gave it a horrendous appearance. It only had a single, oversized eye that was only dwarfed by its mouth filled with spikes that it probably liked to call teeth. It floated a bit back, shocked by the direct attack, waiting for Anette to move, but she stood dumbstruck as well for the moment.

Himo
D4
D4

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagnon Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:15 pm

Lath wasted no time in calling upon the darkness that was growing, festering even, inside him.  

Once more he unleashed that power into the new enemy.

Eldritch Blast +4, 1d10 @ nasty thing

Dagnon
D6
D6

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallace Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:28 pm

Bõ wasted no time. This creature had stood side by side in battle against the vine plants and had almost given her life but as he remain mostly unscathed, he stepped in front of her quickly and watched this new thing with curious eyes, ready for whatever it had to throw his way.

-----

Dodge

Wallace
D6
D6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazzic Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:40 pm

Durin-Daine sighed at the strange sight and possible further beating to come, hoisting his sword. Before attacking however, he tried to be reasonable..."Perhaps we can negotiate with the...orb? Convince it to go into the West?"

Last edited by Mazzic on Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Mazzic
D4
D4

Back to top Go down

Post by Himo Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:55 am

The strange, floating orb saw Lath readying to unleash his arcane energy on it and looked him deep in his eyes. Instead of firing the ray, Lath let the energy dissipate and waved towards the orb like he was greeting an old friend. The creature's mouth moved and crude, hoarse sounds came out that with some effort sounded like common.
"It seems that you have succeeded in compromising this site. I propose you enjoy this victory and we go our separate ways. I know when a fight will end badly for us. You have bought yourselves a mere five minutes reprieve before the master dominates this entire domain. If you insist on battle let me assure you that I've noticed your wounds and will not hesitate to capitalise on that particular information."
Anette wasn't impressed.
"If we let you go now, you have extended your life for a mere five minutes before these blades fillet you after all!"
The creature made a squeaking sound which resembled a high-pitched laughter and turned its back on the party.

Rolls:

Orb creature: Charm Person @ Lath: Wisdom save: 1 + 1 = 2 Fail!
Lath: Charmed
Durin-Daine: Holding
Bo: Dodge
Bryn: Holding
Anette: Holding
Aidan: Holding
Rorik: Holding

Himo
D4
D4

Back to top Go down

Post by kabetts Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:33 am

Bryn didn't like the creature's attitude. Nor did he care for being threatened, at least the halfling hadn't been so blatant about it. He readied his own fire spell and released it at the orb.

Firebolt @ V1: +5; 1d10 damage

kabetts
D6
D6

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagnon Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:13 pm

OOC: I'm charmed, not really much of anything I can do right?

Dagnon
D6
D6

Back to top Go down

Post by Himo Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:13 am

The creature heard the magic charging behind his back. With an audible sigh he turned around and from his eye came a sickly green ray. It struck the poor elf that collapsed onto his knees, vomited and passed out.
"Go help your friend Elf," he said to Lath. "It seems his folly left him in need of your aid."
While orb disappeared into the woods Anette ran towards Brynn. With a quick grab in her backpack she took out a potion and poured it down his throat.
"That should leave a better taste in your mouth than last night's dinner," she quiped. "Leave the abberation be. I think we're in no state to fight anymore. We dealt with the immediate threats. If you go tell the village that they should no longer fear the wolves, I'll come by later to talk about what we should do about this hostile vegitation and its inhabitants."

Rolls:

Orb creature: Ray of Sickness: 11 + 5 = 16 Hit! 12 damage (Brynn = dying!).
Con save vs Sickened: 10 + 2 = 12 Fail!
Lath: Charmed
Durin-Daine: Holding
Bo: Dodge
Brynn: Dying (Save 12 = Success!)
Anette: Administer healing potion to Brynn: Heal 8 HP. Brynn HP = 8.
Aidan: Holding
Rorik: Holding

OOC:

You could have role-played how you would react to two friends fighting. You're charmed, not dominated.

Himo
D4
D4

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagnon Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:54 am

OOC: Sorry about that, that would have been fun, doh!

With the magic that had affected his mind starting to wear off Lath was able to clear his mind and realize just what had happened.

"I...we should get out of here."

Dagnon
D6
D6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazzic Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:59 am

The dwarf grumbled more to himself than to any of those standing with him, Well, that went as well as could be expected. Perhaps now we can leave this thrice-cursed wood and return to the village." He sheathed his word and walked over to the downed elf, "If ye require help back to the town, I could be pursued to lend ye aid...despite yer foolish attack on the orb-thing."

Mazzic
D4
D4

Back to top Go down

Post by kabetts Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:19 pm

Bryn opened his eyes, the sweet taste of the healing potion easing the nausea that had overtaken him to the point of passing out. He saw that halfling with the potion vial in her hand, perhaps she wasn't so dangerous.

"Thank you"

The dwarf's words stung him. Bryn stood up on his own and glared at him.

"Perhaps it was foolish dwarf, the thing did something to my friend's mind and told us that he and his master plan on dominating the forest. Maybe you have a better plan to deal with it? Hmm, what would a dwarf plan be to deal with evil plants? Perhaps we should dig a mine under it and tickle it's roots till it decides to leave?"

kabetts
D6
D6

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagnon Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:16 pm

"Burn the thrice damned creature with hellfire...next time we will do just that." Lath walked over and nudged the dwarf out of the way while reaching down to help his brother up.

Dagnon
D6
D6

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallace Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:22 pm

"If we leave now," Bõ walked forward and then leaned forward on his staff, "our efforts here will have amounted to nothing. The scars gained here today will have only fear and failure behind them."
He looked at the halfling. "The forest must be saved. We must go deeper and seek the source of this malignant dominance. That creature held an influence over our battle comrade here and if we so much as let this rot grow, the next time it will be stronger and it will sway the villagers and from there spring to others and whole armies with them."

He grabbed his staff with both hands, lifted it about a foot off the ground and then slammed it back down. "The rot ends here."

Wallace
D6
D6

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagnon Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:41 pm

Lath was caught off guard by the previously silent one with the shaved head speaking with such force and conviction. "How would you defeat such a creature as that?" He said as he pointed off into the distance the creature had gone off to.

"We must regroup, gather ourselves...discover the true nature of our enemy and come back with a plan, and a vengeance."

Dagnon
D6
D6

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallace Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:46 pm

"I saw nobody in the village more capable than the people I see here before me. Nobody more ready. Nobody more brave. We gain nothing by going back, we will only lose time."

Wallace
D6
D6

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagnon Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:54 pm

"We will lose more blood, look around you. We are wounded, even those of us that are strongest have fallen to the power that has infested this forest."

Lath stepped towards the staff wielding warrior. "As skilled as you are, even you cannot defeat this enemy alone, our wounds are too great, but we fight well together and that means there is hope that we can unearth this vile infection and cure the area of it."

Dagnon
D6
D6

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallace Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:39 pm

Bõ kept his attention on the halfling and bowed with a warm smile. "You say your people live in the forest. Would they help the likes of us-" his hand swept outward to gesure at the rag tag bunch of adventurers "-save their home?"

Wallace
D6
D6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum